I do this for me
No one else
My topics
My themes
My language
Are all my own
And while I appreciate it when others can get something out of what I write
Whether it is reading what I write for pleasure’s sake
Or taking something out of it
I still do this for me
Although I am pleased when people like what I write
I never write to please anyone
The day that I start doing that is the day I need to step away from the keyboard
Or put the pen and paper down to never pick it up again
I do this for me
Some people like some of the subject matter that I speak on
And not others
And that’s cool
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion
Just keep in mind
I do this for me
This is my outlet
Whether I am writing erotic
Or dark
Or humorous
Or matter of fact
I do this for me
I write to an audience
Anyone who writes any piece of any magnitude does so
But I write for my own benefit
If that makes me arrogant
Then so be it
But I am just letting it be known
That no matter the theme
No matter the topic
No matter the subject matter
First, foremost, and always
I do this for me
No one else
My topics
My themes
My language
Are all my own
And while I appreciate it when others can get something out of what I write
Whether it is reading what I write for pleasure’s sake
Or taking something out of it
I still do this for me
Although I am pleased when people like what I write
I never write to please anyone
The day that I start doing that is the day I need to step away from the keyboard
Or put the pen and paper down to never pick it up again
I do this for me
Some people like some of the subject matter that I speak on
And not others
And that’s cool
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion
Just keep in mind
I do this for me
This is my outlet
Whether I am writing erotic
Or dark
Or humorous
Or matter of fact
I do this for me
I write to an audience
Anyone who writes any piece of any magnitude does so
But I write for my own benefit
If that makes me arrogant
Then so be it
But I am just letting it be known
That no matter the theme
No matter the topic
No matter the subject matter
First, foremost, and always
I do this for me
0 comments:
Post a Comment