The best and most honest interview I have ever seen was Mike Tyson on Oprah last week.
To be honest when I heard of him appearing on Oprah, my first thought was "what the heck is he up to now".
I knew I was going to watch it, because I was always a fan of Iron Mike Tyson, and anyone who watched boxing knew he was a man who not only studied the sport, but lived it.
I heard Mike speak, quite a few years back. Him, along with some other Champion Boxers came to our community to speak to the youth about discipline and how in order to be the best you had to work at it.
Mike was the best without question.
Then Mike went through all sorts of changes. The one that shocked me the most was when he bit a piece out of Ivander Holyfields ear. I thought at that point Mike had lost it.
Until...
He appeared on Oprah. I was shocked , absolutely shocked. First at the physical changes I guess I wasn't keeping up with ole Iron Mike Tyson, because I knew about the facial tattoo, but I had no idea he had gotten so beefy!
Mike spoke to Oprah openly and honestly. He answered every question Oprah asked him the best he could, there were a lot of I don't knows in there but I honestly think that was because he couldn't express it the way he wanted to, Mike just couldn't find the right words. There was also a lot of emotion, Mike broke down more than a few times, but I didn't find it woosy, he was just a man overwhelmed as he spoke of his past aggression and anger. A man, who as he says it "Just Got Tired Of Failing"
Mike spoke candidly with Oprah about the loss of his daughter, and his abusive marriage to Robin Givens, He held nothing back.
I felt for Mike Tyson, the Iron was gone from him.
Mike Introduced his new wife to his fans. The beautiful Lakiha Spencer, who claims to have been in love with Mike since she was 15.
Way to go Mike!
Then Mike spoke about the infamous fight with Ivander Holyfield. He told Oprah that the apology he had given Ivander wasn't sincere when he gave it. He was very honest about why he did what he did and he would love the opportunity to sit down and have a talk to Ivander.
Oprah played fairy God mother and Friday gave Mike that very opportunity. Ivander had seen the show and called in to say he would like to talk to Mike.
This was a side of Mike Tyson, no one knew. Mike really seems to be on the right road, viewers seemed to have a new found respect for a man who seemed to be reckless and just crazy at times.
Wow, I was so impressed. I can't wait to see the Documentary, They showed clips of it on the Oprah show, it doesn't seem to be a movie of a man show boating, but a man who realized he was on a path to destruction, who knew he had to make some changes and get his self right.
All I can say is I found it an amazing and honest interview.




.jpg)
1 comments:
I just saw this documentary last night. Mike, for whatever one thinks of him, is a very, VERY complex man. I think I got a view into his psyche, but only a small view, and it was kinda scary but it also reminded me that people, every human being needs (craves) someone who loves and understands them, for REAL!
One.
Post a Comment